Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Writers' Spaces: Angela Hunt



Okay, I'll admit that I love decorating. I love color and lace and sunlight and big, wide windows (so I can keep an eye out for the UPS man). I love objet d'art, my glorious desk, and books.


I also love my dogs, and they're not exactly pint-sized. The careful decoration of my home is a bit, um, offset by the fact that not too many steps into the foyer, you can't help running into Charley's bed. And the delicate air freshener in my office is also offset by the warm scent of my two canine pals. Sit for very long and you'll need a drool rag to wipe your arms (just ask Allison Bottke). And a box of tissues is a must, because I'm allergic to my furry pals.


But that's okay. We muggle through together, my doggie pals and I, for many hours every day.


6 Comments:

At 9:00 AM, Blogger James Scott Bell said...

This workspace is awfully... what's the word I'm looking for. Frilly? And so NEAT.

Sheesh, I think here I'd end up having my characters falling love rather than murdering each other.

How do you create any conflict, Angie?

 
At 11:44 AM, Blogger Angela said...

It can get a little gnarly when one of the dogs gets irritated by the other. :-)

Angie

 
At 6:23 PM, Blogger Southern-fried Fiction said...

LOL - mine, too, Angie. The dogs I mean, except I only have one. Shadrack is so big, he takes up half the room! He's 10 months and 125 lbs. And if I spend too long wiriting this, he'll be 126. ;o)

You can see photos of him at www.anemulligan.blogspot.com

My favorite writing place is on my back deck. Hubby fixed me up with a spot in the shade. I love it!

 
At 11:41 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

hey Angie - I'm a major lurker on your blog :0) but I had to comment on this one - I love your space and although mine doesn't even come close (I share w/hubby & 3 kids) I do have the dogs! I volunteer w/Mastiff rescue in the NW so we always have 2 or 3 lolling around - my furry angels ;0) Your taste in pets is impeccable! lol

 
At 11:47 AM, Blogger Angela said...

Bonnie! Bless your heart. My hat is off to anyone involved in rescue, and my heart belongs to mastiffs. Babe (the dark-masked one) is a rescue herself. She has a few issues with men, but she's turned into pure sweetness for our family. We adore her!

Thanks for popping in!

Angie

 
At 12:01 PM, Blogger Sharon Goemaere said...

Hi,
Love your"space!"I found myself wanting to jump in through my computer screen and hug those two adorable fur covered angels.I love"real"dogs...BIG friendly looking ones with sweet faces like yours!As husband and I are apartment dwellers my writing space is shared with one male cat named Shadow...who think's he's part dog on occasion.He is our fur covered clown!Thanks for sharing your space.
Sharon Goemaere

 

Post a Comment

<< Home