Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Writers' Spaces: Robin Lee Hatcher
















I can't believe I'm going to let people see all the clutter in my office. But here goes.

About eight years ago, I hired a company to come in and install built in cupboards and file cabinets around the walls of my office. The teal counter seen in two of these photos runs around two full walls plus a bit of a third. Lots of room to spread out. Lots of room for more clutter! The paper blizzard never seems to go away, no matter how hard I try.

I had shelves built just to hold my vast CD collection. I write to all kinds of music. This collection began before the advent of the iPod and iTunes. Now most of these CDs have been loaded onto my computer and the only place I use the CDs is in my car.

As I write this post about my writer space, I am getting my house ready to go on the market. I'm looking to downsize the square footage, plus go from a two story to a single level home. I know I am going to miss this office (and another room that serves as my library) a lot when it's gone, but I will find a new space to clutter up. No doubt about it.

********

Robin Lee Hatcher's first writing space was lying in bed on her stomach, scribbling on a yellow pad, pages that she would type the next day at the office. She bought her first computer the month her first book was released (Feb 1984). Her 2007 books are: Sweet Dreams Drive (April), Return to Me (June), Trouble in Paradise (July), and Hearts Evergreen (November).

3 Comments:

At 8:58 AM, Blogger Katy McKenna said...

Robin knows this already, but I am wild about her counters on three walls. If that's not an inspired idea, I don't know what it.

Robin, can't wait to see how you retrofit your next office!

Katy www.fallible.com

 
At 10:37 AM, Blogger C.J. Darlington said...

I want that cd shelf!!

 
At 9:46 PM, Blogger WordVixen said...

The funny thing is, I was looking at the pictures thinking "wow, a writer with a neat writing space". :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home