Friday, January 06, 2006

LS: Keeping It Real


Special Charis Connection Encore . . .

Twelve thoughts I regularly think that keep it real: (The “you” is, well, me.)

1. Somebody somewhere has taken one of your books and thrown it across the room in disgust.
2. Lisa Samson who?
3. Maybe their dog really could have written it.
4. Maybe writing really isn’t a bona-fide job.
5. Somebody somewhere who will never be published can write rings around you.
6. Your books have been fallen asleep on more than you really want to know.
7. Maybe I should try sealing myself into that wet paper bag, getting out a pen and seeing what happens. It might prove them all wrong.
8. No, you’re not Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer. (Think about it.)
9. All the stupid things you think are actually in print.
10. Some people have all the luck, and obviously you’re not one of them.
11. Well, it beats not having an excuse for a dirty bathroom.
12. I’d probably trade it all to eat anything I want and not gain weight.

pax Christi,
lisa

lisa samson has written seventeen novels. Go figure.
www.lisasamson.com

9 Comments:

At 10:31 AM, Blogger Michael said...

...and then there really are people like me who really enjoy your books.

Take Care
Michael

 
At 1:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bless you, Michael!

 
At 3:43 PM, Blogger Patricia Hickman said...

This writer's neurosis so true of me, Lisa, but I can't imagine this would be true of you. You are writer extraordinaire!
Hugs!
Patty

 
At 9:43 PM, Blogger Bonnie S. Calhoun said...

I think you write VERY well! and you sometimes even back up your harddrive :-)

 
At 3:10 AM, Blogger Camy Tang said...

ROFL! Thanks for sharing that, Lisa. Now I know best-selling authors think that way too.
Camy

 
At 10:20 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Funny. My mom used to tell me 'the same time God made you cute and smart, He made a million other cute, smart kids.' Same goes for talent. Thanks Lisa!

 
At 1:57 PM, Blogger Cindy Swanson said...

But on the other hand...

1. Someone is reading one of your books and saying, "Wow! I'm not the only one who has thought that same exact thought!"

2. Someone is chuckling happily over something funny that you wrote, taking their mind off all the unpleasantness in their day.

3. Someone is reading one of your books during what would otherwise have been lonely, sleepless hours.

4. Someone is shedding the good kind of tears while reading one of your books, and remembering just how good God really is.

5. Lisa Samson...one of my favorite writers of all time!

I could go on. :)

 
At 2:00 PM, Blogger Cindy Swanson said...

Oh, and:

"12. I’d probably trade it all to eat anything I want and not gain weight."

Yep, there's a LOT I'd probably trade for that!?! :)

 
At 11:31 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

1) There's always people out there who say, "Lisa who???"

2) There are always people out there who say, "You read her too? Isn't that awesome!!"

3) There are always people out there who cry when your books touch their emotions in ways other could not

4) There are always people out there (such as myself... right now...) who simply can't seem to shut up.

Good stuff.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home