Thursday, January 19, 2006

CC Special Edition: The Snoopy Award!


Every once in a while, creativity, wit, and verve must be honored, even if it has arisen impulsively.

So this morning, once Jack had primed the pump, the Charis co-monitors (BJ and Angie) came up with the "Snoopy" award--the title chosen to honor Jack's "Dark and Stormy Night" exercise.

Never fear, we're not mailing the winner anything, but he or she may look at the attached digital trophy to his/her heart's content.

We also declare that from this day forward Jack Cavanaugh shall be known as Snoopy Emeritus. (If trademark problems develop with that title, we'll call him Loopy Emeritus.)

And so, without further delay, the winner of today's Snoopy Award is: James Scott Bell as Papa Hemingway and Karen Ball's 60's Poet.

Congratulations and a round of applause!

May your writing grow ever more sapient, pellucid, and piquant. (Adjectives courtesy of The Thinker's Thesaurus.)

3 Comments:

At 10:51 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jack says,

{{{{Blush}}}}

Now I know I've hit the big time, when I'm compared to two great writers like JSB and Snoopy.

And imagine my elation to wake up this morning, read this post, and see that it's not a memorial award.

Guess that means I'd better get to work. Those words don't write themselves.

 
At 1:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so honored! Wow, I'd like to thank my mom and my dad and my brothers and my dogs and my aunts and uncles and the ants skittering across the sidewalk and Snoopy and Jack and...and...

Oh, gosh! I just KNOW I forgot someone. Well, you know who you are.

{insert air kisses here}

 
At 2:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

And, of course, kudos to the lovely Ms. Ball! In my rush to blush, I misread the award announcement and thought JSB had posted the 60's poet comments under Ms Ball's name (something the wily JSB would do had he thought of it).

I trust Ms Ball will forgive the oversight. She knows me well enough to recognize the onset of dementia.

Here's to the talented Ms. Ball who deserves every award she's given, and more.

Jack

 

Post a Comment

<< Home